About Me...

I am originally from Foley, Alabama where I was born and still live today. I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama where I am a double major in Secondary Education and Language Arts. As of right now I commute five days a week between Foley and Mobile and I also work full time at Outback Steakhouse. My plan is to not be a waitress for the rest of my life and to hopefully start a career as an English teacher at the High School level; preferably in Baldwin County, Alabama. If I can not find a job as a teacher soon after graduation I plan on attending South Alabama's Educational graduate program. By doing this I will be able to continue my education and be a better teacher when I am able to enter the classroom.

Parents In The Classroom...

Once I become a teacher and I am assigned to my own classroom, I will always keep an open door policy. I think it is vital for a child's educational experience for their parents to be a part of it. One of the first things I will do at the start of each new school year is to let the parents know how to contact me. This way there are never any communication barriers between parents, teachers and students. The easier it is to communicate with each other, the smoother classroom procedures will run. I hope that I am lucky enough to get parents who are interested in their child's education, but if not I will do my best to change their minds.