About Me...

I am originally from Foley, Alabama where I was born and still live today. I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama where I am a double major in Secondary Education and Language Arts. As of right now I commute five days a week between Foley and Mobile and I also work full time at Outback Steakhouse. My plan is to not be a waitress for the rest of my life and to hopefully start a career as an English teacher at the High School level; preferably in Baldwin County, Alabama. If I can not find a job as a teacher soon after graduation I plan on attending South Alabama's Educational graduate program. By doing this I will be able to continue my education and be a better teacher when I am able to enter the classroom.

Going Above And Beyond...

As a new teacher I bring with me to the classroom fresh ideas that differ from what was once considered the norm. From taking EDM310 I have learned that classes can not only continue outside the classroom, but they can continue outside the country. I plan to adjust the assigned curriculum to fit my students. I think that in this century the use of technology plays a major role in the majority of school aged children's lives. I plan on using blogging and live video chats in my classroom so that my students can better understand the world around them. There are so many new, intriguing ideas floating around on the world wide web to help students better understand the knowledge they are gaining. I have every intention of going above and beyond the standard curriculum and normal classroom procedures so that my students get the best education available.