About Me...

I am originally from Foley, Alabama where I was born and still live today. I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama where I am a double major in Secondary Education and Language Arts. As of right now I commute five days a week between Foley and Mobile and I also work full time at Outback Steakhouse. My plan is to not be a waitress for the rest of my life and to hopefully start a career as an English teacher at the High School level; preferably in Baldwin County, Alabama. If I can not find a job as a teacher soon after graduation I plan on attending South Alabama's Educational graduate program. By doing this I will be able to continue my education and be a better teacher when I am able to enter the classroom.

Teacher As Well As A Student...

Once I become a teacher I will still consider myself as a student. I hope that I will always see myself this way. I want to teach my students as much as I possibly can, but at the same time I hope to learn as much as I possibly can from them. I think it is extremely important to steadily further one's own knowledge. As an educator one must always be willing to learn. How can you encourage your students to gain as much knowledge as they can when you have closed the door on yourself? I will always encourage my students to keep their brain on and their mind open; because that is the way I will live my life.