About Me...

I am originally from Foley, Alabama where I was born and still live today. I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama where I am a double major in Secondary Education and Language Arts. As of right now I commute five days a week between Foley and Mobile and I also work full time at Outback Steakhouse. My plan is to not be a waitress for the rest of my life and to hopefully start a career as an English teacher at the High School level; preferably in Baldwin County, Alabama. If I can not find a job as a teacher soon after graduation I plan on attending South Alabama's Educational graduate program. By doing this I will be able to continue my education and be a better teacher when I am able to enter the classroom.

Technology In The Classroom...

I hope that when I become a teacher I am lucky enough to be placed in a school that has the financing available to keep up with the fast paced technological world. After taking EDM310 I have been exposed to numerous technological tools that advance the classroom in ways almost unimaginable. Using technological tools such as Smartboards are a sure way to keep the kids more intrigued and more focused on the subject matter at hand. I can not wait to explore the assigned curriculum and find new ways to adjust it so that it becomes more technologically advanced. With the technology that is now available to both students and teachers there is no reason why any student should not succeed. With the resources available online every teacher should be able to find a way to transform the curriculum to match student's needs. I know that when I become a teacher I will use every technological tool available to help my students achieve their goals.