About Me...

I am originally from Foley, Alabama where I was born and still live today. I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama where I am a double major in Secondary Education and Language Arts. As of right now I commute five days a week between Foley and Mobile and I also work full time at Outback Steakhouse. My plan is to not be a waitress for the rest of my life and to hopefully start a career as an English teacher at the High School level; preferably in Baldwin County, Alabama. If I can not find a job as a teacher soon after graduation I plan on attending South Alabama's Educational graduate program. By doing this I will be able to continue my education and be a better teacher when I am able to enter the classroom.

Why I Think Teaching Is The Life For Me...

It truly takes a very special person to make a good teacher. Teaching is not a career that anyone can simply learn how to do. It is a skill and it is a gift. Someone with the title of teacher has to be a compassionate, caring person. No one that is self-centered would ever be able to make it in the teaching profession. That being said, I do believe that I have what it takes to become a great teacher. Teachers affect so many different student's lives in such positive ways. I want to be able to do that very same thing every time I go to work.